We want to make sure all children get the best education possible which is why attending school every day is so important.
Western Australian law stipulates that all school-aged children must go to and attend school every day. Developing the habit of going to school every day is vital so children do not miss out on important ideas and skills they need for future learning.
Students are expected to attend school for the entire day, from 8.30 a.m. – 3.00 p.m. Extended absences are reported to the Goldfields Region Education Office.
Ways that you can let us know why your child is absent.
- Teachers will phone you before 9.30am if your child is away. Please answer these calls.
- An automatic SMS will be sent to your mobile phone at 10.30am. Please reply to this message with the reason your child is away from school.
- Always phone the school to let us know why your child is away OR
- Tell the teacher why your child is away OR
- Write a note explaining why your child was away from school.
We appreciate you working with us to ensure your child is at school every day.
If one of your children is unwell and unable to go to school, let the school know straight away by phoning 9068 2400.
Acceptable Reasons for your child to be away from school:
Cultural Reasons - Funerals
Medical Reasons - If they are sick.
You may be asked to get a medical certificate from your doctor if your child is away for more than three days.
Vacations in School Term
It is not an acceptable absence for students to have vacations during the school term.
Please discuss with the school Principal if you are planning a vacation during the school term.